Department of Mechanical Engineering Facilities Office

Inventory Control

Please be aware that due to State rules any computer that is $1000 or more, or other equipment in a particular category must be tagged with a University barcode to be put into the campus inventory system.

This is a State mandated requirement, not just an ME requirement. You will also need to fill out a form if the equipment is to be taken off-campus, i.e. a laptop – a ME Procurement team member will provide the form for you to sign when you pick up an item.

Relocating Equipment

If you are moving computers or lab equipment to another location on or off-campus, you MUST check to see if it has a University barcode on it – if it does, please email Majid Aroom with the details about the item, and the barcode number.

Terrapin Trader

If you need to dispose of computers or other lab equipment, you CAN NOT put these items in the hallways or out in a dumpster, they MUST go through Terrapin Trader. Please print and fill out a Terrapin Trader Form, then return it to to the front office.

Additional Terrapin Trader Forms can be found on the UMD Procurement & Strategic Sourcing website.

Scroll to Top